Oh yes, there will be paperwork involved with bankruptcy. We try to make it as easy for you as possible, though. Here is a list of all the documents you’ll need before our first meeting:
1.The completed questionnaire. CLICK HERE to view or print it.
2. Paystubs from any and all of your and your spouse's jobs over the last 6 months.
3. All federal and state tax returns for the previous 2 years. If you don’t have them, I can help you get copies.
4. The most recent county property tax notice from any real estate you own.
5. All bills, statements, and invoices that show a debt we are listing in the bankruptcy including any lawsuits against you, and your free current credit report.
6. While a pre-filing credit counseling session is not required at this time, you might choose to take it just to get it done with – you will need to do it anyway before you can file. These sessions cost $8.95 (payable directly to them). I recommend Access Counseling because they give my clients a super sweet discount.
If you are filing chapter 13 and either you or your spouse owns a business, you’ll also need to fill out an official chapter 13 trustee’s profit and loss form (CLICK HERE to download the form). Also, for all but the simplest businesses like multi-level marketing sales, you need to fill out the trustee’s business question (CLICK HERE).