Oh yes, there will be paperwork involved with bankruptcy. We try to make it as easy for you as possible, though. Here is a list of all the documents you’ll need before our first meeting:
1.The completed questionnaire. CLICK HERE to view or print it.
2. Paystubs from any and all of your and your spouse's jobs over the last 6 months.
3. All federal and state tax returns for the previous 2 years. If you don’t have them, I can help you get copies.
4. The most recent county property tax notice from any real estate you own.
5. All bills, statements, and invoices that show a debt we are listing in the bankruptcy including any lawsuits against you, and your free current credit report.
6. While a pre-filing credit counseling session is not required at this time, you might choose to take it just to get it done with – you will need to do it anyway before you can file. These sessions cost $12.95 (payable directly to them). I recommend Access Counseling because they give my clients a super sweet discount. Note: Avoid paying extra for unnecessary services like “expedited processing” or “fax to your attorney”. These are not necessary and cost more.
If you are filing chapter 13 and either you or your spouse owns a business, you’ll also need to fill out an official chapter 13 trustee’s profit and loss form (CLICK HERE to download the form). Also, for all but the simplest businesses like multi-level marketing sales, you need to fill out the trustee’s business question (CLICK HERE).